Friday, March 16, 2012

Veritcal Gardens: Living Pieces of Art

 I know I have expressed my love for any kind of living wall, art or garden (see some here), but I thought I would spread the green & share some more of my favorites since St. Patty's day is tomorrow! (Side Note: the Greenville St. Patty's Day parade down here in Dallas goes on right outside my office building & people are already parking their cars along the street...already!)

So many pretty colors on the wall full of succulents! Photo via Pinterest

I love the variety you can get with succulents- Photo via Pinterest

Patrick Blanc Vertical Garden in Madrid

I love how buildings can be outside pieces of art & eco-friendly! Photo via Pinterest

Vertical Vegetable Garden Photo via Pinterest

Indoor Living Wall at a restaurant- Photo via myfurnitureshowroom

I love succulents! Photo via Pinterest

Succulent Air plants- Photo via houzz

Outdoor herb & veggie garden! Photo via keepitgreen

Your own personal herb garden indoors! Photo via Pinterest

Also, I couldn't resist sharing this DIY with you so you can have a different type of a living wall!

via sugar&spice blog

All you need is to combine the following into a blender & blend it until the mixture is smooth!

Contents of your fun time:
One can of cheap beer or 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
A few handfuls of moss

One teaspoon of sugar
Your imagination


Now comes the fun part (or maybe you really like to blend things up & that is your fun part...) you get to start painting! You can use a brush or maybe your own hands to paint the moss mixture onto concrete walls, rocks or brick. You only need to mist the moss once a day to help it thrive. Before you know it you will have your own living green graffiti wall!

Let me know if anyone decides to try this & send me pictures of your backyard creation!

Happy St. Patricks Day!


peace & love,
Lynz

No comments:

Post a Comment