Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Year, New...Water?

 Has everyone already broken their New Year's Resolution yet?

Well, I have...on my third day too! :-/ My resolution was trying to actually be on time- getting to work & leaving work as well! I think with resolutions it's easier to just take it one day at a time & not to focus on the whole year all at once.

Usually, my resolutions are something to do with being more healthy & leading a more active lifestyle (for the most part those resolutions lasted about as long as mine this year...I can't help it that chocolate loves me & I love it back!).

Some weeks are better than others, but really my simplest goal is always to drink more water. A few months ago, i got a wonderful glass jar with a spout for my birthday so I could use it for my sun steeped tea & homemade flavored waters. I discovered that the best way to trick myself into drinking more water was to flavor it with something subtle & delicious- this also works if you are one of those weirdos that doesn't like the 'taste' of water.

image via pinterest

Here are a couple recipes to try out that I personally think taste yummy & delicious:
Raspberry Rose Vanilla
Blackberry Sage
Pineapple Mint
Orange Cranberry
Strawberry & Basil
Peaches'n Cream
Watermelon & Lime Green Tea

Hopefully, you all haven't broken your resolutions & are still going strong, but for those of you who had a goal of being more healthy & needed another option instead of your go-to soda, I hope I helped you out! Here’s to a happy, healthy new year for all of us, & a few more glasses of water!


peace & love,
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment