Friday, June 17, 2011

Colorful Treat You Can Actually Eat!

Unlike some of my other treats, these colorful little beauties are actually something you can taste!



I was reading the Kravet newspaper they have at their showroom the other day & found a section called 'Stumble Upon'. It was like the app stumbleupon! which  is a discovery engine that finds the best of web, suggested just for you...you will discover photos, videos, & web pages.

Anyway, in this section I came across a cool blog that had a post about edible crayons they made. Yes, i said it...EDIBLE CRAYONS! Now for all those worrying parents out there of children & animals that like to eat crayons...have no fear! You can make your very own...mostly nutritious...edible crayons! It also is very easy to do!









They made them by grinding up similiar colored foods like nuts or fruit & moistened with melted marshmellow, then put the paste into crayon molds & let the crayon molds air dry, until they become dry like biscuits. You can't bake the molds or they will change their colors.

These made me think...wouldn't they be great in Elementary schools? Or even as a fun lesson about food or colors...you could make the crayons in class & they would get to draw with them afterwards! I don't know about you, but if I were a kid, that would be a lesson I would actually listen & love!

This has inspired me to go make my own, & hopefully tasty, edible crayons! I'll let you know how it goes!


peace & love,
Lynz

No comments:

Post a Comment