Friday, June 10, 2011

I'll gladly take these stairs

We usually don't notice stairs, they are just an obstacle in the way of where we want to go. Most of them are really kind of boring, but why not make them colorful & add a little whimsy in life? They have a lot of dimension, covering both vertical & horizontal surfaces. You can really give some attention & make a big impact whether it be a little paint or new wallpapered risers. It would make me a little happier to walk up the stairs instead of using the elevator, which I've been getting better at...it's better for your health and for the environment!

Here are some successful stair cases that look just as tasty as yummy little candies!









Paint Samples act as a graphic wallpaper on these walls






All of the above photos came from Apartment Therapy


old yard sticks helped these stairs get a new life photo from design sponge
 
A newlywed couple used their grandparent's love letters as the inspiration on their stairs- photo from Metropolitan Home

Horst Gläsker combined emotional words with bright colors on a public German stairway



Now that I live in a one-level apartment, I only wish had some stairs to take full advantage of this fun design opportunity! It would add some beautiful life into the space.

Maybe my parents would let me practice on their staircase...


peace & love,
Lynz

No comments:

Post a Comment