Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Heureux Mardi Gras!

So sorry I have been MIA lately…projects at work and going to 6th street down in Austin for mardi gras took me away from here!



Speaking of mardi gras, I thought I would share a little mardi gras inspiration with you! Purple, gold, & green with a little bit of a sheen :- )

clockwise starting from the top :
gold slipcovers from sodarling blogspot; floor lamp from homedecor; paint color found from google database; wave fold silk drapery; midas collection at design within reach; sofa from thisnext blog; bourgie table lamp from design within reach; gold louis side chair from maisons du monde online store; pillow from csn online store; gold cube from maisons du monde online store; abbey chair from astoria imports; glam sunburst mirror from cyan design; vases from cyan design.

I took a spin on this mardi gras design. Instead of the usual Kelley green, bright royal purple, & bright gold. I went with more of a deeper purple like eggplant, a muted green like pea soup, and some gold to give it that celebration sparkle! I accented it with neutrals, like a cream, which is the way to go if you have more than one strong color in the design already.

Well, that is all I had to share for today. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves on mardi gras & liked my design treats! See you next time!


peace & love,
Lynz

No comments:

Post a Comment