Friday, February 25, 2011

Thank you Denmark for giving me the Little Mermaid & Verner Panton

So I stumbled upon this website that sells replicas of designer furniture. Usually I would want the real thing not knock offs but, when it comes to designer furniture a just out of college girl can’t afford that designer price. So I rummaged around this site called Interior Trade Furniture and another similar website. I was looking for a cheaper version of some kind of dining chair. I ended up finding some plus wanting to spend my whole tax refund on the Womb chair reproduction….still dreaming about it!


Well, I am so obsessed about the Panton chair (see Panton chair montage above), that when I saw how relatively inexpensive they were I jumped at ‘em! Even if I change up my d├ęcor, they will still look nice because they can go with anything! Denmark designer, Verner Panton, really knew what he was creating!

Verner Panton (1996) by Erling Mandelmann

Anyway, I got two of the chairs...for now.  I think they will go nicely with my dining table from Ikea which looks like a more inexpensive version of Eero Saarinen’s Tulip Pedestal Table. I am a sucker for mid-century modern furniture and I am so giddy with excitement that these two chairs are already sitting in my apartment office waiting to get picked up at this very moment!!! I hope they look like the website photo. I will let you know how they turn out!

Have a great weekend everybody!
xoxo

peace & love,
Lynz


***UPDATE***

Here is a picture of the two chairs....they were just what I ordered! I love them and want to order the other two right away!!! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment