Sunday, October 16, 2011

Add Some Sweetness to Your Life with Ombres

I have always loved the ombre patterns, ombre is a French term meaning shaded. To me it always reminds me of watercolors--you can see my obssesion with watercolors here. They just have a simple ease to them, if that makes sense.

I especially like the pale coral pink and light turquoise ombres. They remind me of delicious cotton candy! Here are a few favorite finds inspired by these yummy splashes of painted color...



I'm loving the coral watercolor stripes of these birthday cards by socialproper
  
Imagine the work that goes into the papercut designs of these topographical map cards, found at shoptwine.com. The gradient effect of the coral colors against the crisp white cardstock is a nice modern touch!


Painting a radiator in an ombre pattern, like this one from WaryMeyers,
brings in a bright dose of color & it really makes it pop unlike other plain radiators!


This earthy vase would be a nice alternative to the bright colored ombres out there.
This is the "tyrian ombre vase" by anthropologie
 
These mini ombre pots would awaken any windowsill with a sweet splash of color
 
I'd love to try this as a DIY project, but these dip-dyed pillow covers
from etsy make a lovely readymade option!



The Windsor Love Seat by Anthropologie would make a nice statement
& bring in some color at any entry or mudd room!

Some even have gone more daring with bright ombre in their hair.
I don't think I could pull it off!
photo via peppermintbliss.com


This dress found on shopbop paired with
a mustard color cardigan, would make for a really great fall outfit!
 

Peace & Love,
Lynz

No comments:

Post a Comment